Everyone has their WHY GOD WHY moments.
In my last blog we learned: In the “Why” moments: The inability to understand God is NORMAL in the process of spiritual growth.
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).
- Have rest and peace in the situation – it is a life long journey
- Reach a point where you trust God about it instead of yourself or circumstances
- OK to ask God why just don’t demand them – why stage is like the child why stage
- Position to seek God’s presence, provision, guidance and promises
- Don’t try to understand the ways of God because it is impossible
- God suffers when we suffer and count it joy to suffer or when trials come
- God will help us on His time – He sees the bigger picture : the ending that benefits others
- We all have been thru something – somewhere there is somebody going thru same thing
- God has to be enough and He is faithful is at present OUTSIDE of our understanding
- God allows things to happen to make us stronger – makes us able to handle it and sees us thru it
- God doesn’t cause bad things to happen – sin does – Adam brought it into the world
- Everything we go thru is to bring Him glory – remember we were created to worship Him
- If you change your thoughts – you change your brain which changes thoughts – renew your mind
- When you go thru something be obedient : do what is right cause God will lead you
- There is true freedom when you overcome something, easier to face it again if you trust
We can all agree In Life: our goal is usually temporal
- We don’t choose suffering as a goal but be glad we go through it when we reap the rewards
How is God’s goal different from our goal?
God’s goal is always eternal. And He will smash every one of our goals if they are in the way. He will use our obedience to bring us to our Calvary, and He will use our sin to bring us there as well. He will take our fear and worries and make us face them, and He will reduce us down to where we know that there is nothing we can do to help ourselves. God is seeking to adjust us for the eternal ages. And if we only understood this, we would be thankful that He is doing this.
- ALTHOUGH GOD GAVE US A FREE WILL The bottom line is that our wants may not agree with God’s wants for us.
- Trusting in the Lord can require that you abandon everything you’ve ever believed about what brings happiness and fulfillment.
- Sometimes you do get what you want, only to discover that it doesn’t make you happy after all, just disillusioned.
Many Christians repeat this cycle their entire life, wondering what they’re doing wrong.
Ask yourself: If God only worked WITHIN your present understanding, would it ever increase? No.
- God will bring you and I to the place where we CANNOT understand. Get that: We CANNOT.
- No secret formula
- Can’t pray enough to understand
- Can’t read the Word or study enough to understand
- Bring us to a place of “Do I believe”.
- View our adverse circumstances through the eyes of faith, not sense.
Our “why God” questions requires trust and not to understand – HOW DO WE GET THERE?
HOW DO WE GET TO THE PLACE WHERE WE STOP ASKING “WHY GOD” QUESTIONS?
To trust God, and not in our understanding of Him, requires a certain surrender to Him
- Relinquish control
- There really isn’t anyway to trust God in this way without dying a death to our self
- With death to self comes REAL understanding of GOD HIMSELF
- Death to self-will and self-life
- Lay aside our right to understand
- Surrender without understanding
If you trust God in surrender – the information you thought you wanted will become unnecessary. You will come into a REVELATION.
Trust brings you into surrender, which brings revelation – Revelation produces walking in spirit instead of flesh. Trust is knowing the Word and promises of God.
Instead of letting our reactions, fears, worries, and inability to understand direct traffic, we allow faith to direct.
His ways are past finding out… even if we knew God in a way just like Him, then he wouldn’t be our God would he?
God isn’t worried because we don’t understand. He wants our soul for eternity. He wants us.
We shouldn’t be worried or try to seek the “why questions”.
Seek God. Obey Him. Believe Him. Worship Him. And walk by faith. God is God. Trust Him, and not our understanding of Him.
Trusting God when you don’t understand…. we must reach a place in your relationship with Him and have such a confidence in Him that you believe He is with you in adversity even though you don’t see any evidence of His presence and His power.
God is a friend, our buddy, close fellowship etc…. but He is also awesome, all-powerful, mighty, can do anything, is with us always, we can’t hide, knows all and the beginning and the end….
In order to trust God we must always view our adverse circumstances through the eyes of faith, not sense. Comes through the Word of God alone.
The secret lies in putting this truth into practice, by making it such a powerful theme in your life that you view every event, every sorrow, every prayer with the unshakable conviction that God is totally, spotlessly trustworthy.
Why God Moment (really questioning believing in God & if He is really going to be with you) – Know Word + reshape our thoughts + increase our faith + trusting in God = brings Revelation as we surrender = walking in His Spirit = abundant life Jesus came to give us to make it = goal of eternal life which is His will for all of us.
Knowing this will bring us happiness, peace and joy while living here instead of questioning the why moments.
Why does God allow suffering? Why does God let bad things happen to good people? Why does children die? Why does God let murders go free? Why did this happen to me? Why is there starving people? The questions of why will continue on WHY?
Everyone is on different stages/relationship with God: Lack of knowledge of word , revelation to the faith it takes from His word to fully trust in Him. It will continue on until we realize that God is in control and without Him we are nothing, however what He wants for us is to trust Him enough for eternity. Eternity is God’s goal and that is where everything we do or questions we ask should start with the ending in mind. In other words, everything that happens to you that causes why moments or questions you may ask, should have attached to it – the eternal value in all your answers and decisions.
I recently also commented on a status from a woman who was abused as a child who asked the question why she was abused. Here is how I responded.
Sin entered into the world, there will always be sin. We cannot control sin of others only ourselves.
Since there is sin Jesus was sent into the world to get rid of sin in people’s lives and to heal.
When a little girl gets hurt, although God saw it, allowed it, He didn’t want it nor did he do it. Sin is a by-product of satan and the fall of man.
When God saw you then, he sees you now and he sees what you will become. He uses what the enemy meant for destruction, to bring Him glory. When we give our lives to God, He uses the pain from the past that the enemy tried to enslave us with sin, and use it to help others. If we have never been enslaved before by sin, whether as a little girl or as adult, we would never need to be cleansed or in need of God for our healing. God allows things to happen so we will depend upon Him. He then directs our paths with the ending in mind, and as a result we are healed and we help others find God on their journey that has went through the same thing.
We must reach a place in our relationship where we won’t know the answer but we must be happy with not knowing the “why” but trusting in God enough to know the ending is much better than if we had never went through it….
We must walk in faith, trust Him and look forward to the future God holds, we cannot change the past but we can change the future.