You are planning a meeting. Everything is set. You wonder if it will go right. You can plan, plan, plan and feel confident and know that everything is great but there is always that little “IF” that wants to come up and bite you in the rear. Sometimes it is a thought in your head and sometimes it is just some person who wants to sabotage your confidence level without even realizing what they are doing. Negative vibes can affect your life in an adverse way, I don’t care who you are. The reason is because it not only impacts your day-to-day life but also the people around you.
There seems at times to be a lot of people who rather enjoy, or at least have the habit of spreading negativity in people’s lives. They are the butt biters. But do you realize that there are just as many people who love to focus on the positive as those that enjoy focusing on the negative? Those are the type of people you need to cling to. Many times if we have those people who tend to throw the negative on you, then you yourself will start to think about the “IFs”. The people who want to spread their infectious disease and waste material is those who are not happy with life or themselves. It is a learned behavior that only God can conquer if they are willing to change.
What do you do when an IF” statement comes around. First if it is in your mind, replace it with a positive statement and in faith. Next keep conscience of the person who brings negativity into your life and avoid prolong conversations. There is also the fact you might live with a negative person and thank God I don’t cause I wouldn’t be a very happy camper. Most people who are negative don’t realize they are. My mother and I played a game one year in helping each other with negative statements. We made a negative alarm and beeps loudly when we heard the other one be negative. It was quite comical to here the other one beep loudly when a negative statement occurred but it made us more aware of what we were doing.
1) Change the subject. You have so much power in conversation so don’t let it dominate you. I often change the subject without them even realizing what I am doing, sounding excited about another topic such as a latest movie etc. It is not a good way to practice listening skills but when you don’t want to be nipped with the negative it may be the only thing to do.
2) If the person continues to be negative or make negative statements, try to make a joke out of whatever they’re complaining about and then steer the conversation into something positive.
3) Walk away and spend quality time alone and brush off the negative statements instead of dwelling on it or excuse yourself for another appointment you just realized you needed to take care of.
4) Tell the person how much it bothers you to hear about negative things and how although you empathetic with their concerns, you don’t want to consume you.
5) Last of all you can do like my mother and I and beep loudly when you hear a negative statement but please make sure they know exactly what you are doing or they may think you have turrets.
The law of attraction is that people will be attracted to who you are. If a negative person is attracted to you, then there may be some negativity flowing in your life right now and it may be time to re-evaluate your own negativity, just a thought so smile.
Your life is more important than negativity in our life. God wants us to live a life full of faith and confidence in Him. Learn to put the little “IFs” right out the door.
Prayer: Lord, there are times in my life when I know there is negativity and I thank you for helping me realize the pitfall and the downward spiral it can bring. I live and walk by faith and lean on your spirit to help me through all things in my life. You are my rod and my staff, you comfort me and you give me strength through it all. I praise you for that and for the positive, for that positive brings me peace and happiness and most of all LIFE! In Jesus Name. Amen.
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.